The Tubi Tuesdays Podcast Episode 7 – Blood Beat (1983)
Welcome back to our podcast series from The Super Podcast called Tubi Tuesdays! This podcast series is focused on discovering and doing commentaries for films found on the free streaming service Tubi.
Your hosts for Tubi Tuesdays are Super Marcey, ‘The Terrible Australian’ Bede Jermyn and Mike ‘Batch’ Batchelor (co-host of Small Screen Heroes/Web Tales: A Spider-Man Podcast), each week we will take turns picking a film to watch and most of them will be ones we haven’t seen before. Unfortunately co-host Super Marcey couldn’t join this episode due to health reasons, but co-hosts Bede & Batch took the reigns of this one by themselves. For this episode we watch Bede’s pick in honour of the festive season: the obscure but utterly insane 1983 Christmas slasher film Blood Beat.
If you have never listened to a commentary, here is how it works. You simply need to grab a copy of the film or load it up on Tubi (you may need alcohol), and sync up the podcast audio with the film. We will tell you when to press start, it is that easy! You can listen to it while you watch the film or listen to it on its own. Because we have watched the films on Tubi, as it is a free service there are ads, however we will give a warning when it comes up, so you can still listen along.
* Bede is excited to show Batch the madness of Blood Beat
* We’ve convinced that the family in this film may have inspired Duck Dynasty
* For a ’80s slasher, we’re disappointed by the lack of blood in this
* Between *Eerie Whoosing* and *Mystical Boinging*, this film may have the best closed-caption descriptions ever
* The score for this film is just weird
* So… Why is the killer wearing samurai armour?
* Seriously, what the hell is happening in this film?!
* Plus much, much more!
The Super Network on Twitter – @SM_SuperNetwork
Subscribe to us at Patreon
Join The Super Network Facebook Page
Join Us At The Super Network Facebook Group
Email at TheSuperNetworkSM@gmail.com