Podcasters Of Horror Episode 6 – Pick Me Up and Haeckel’s Tale
Welcome to a new episode of the Mini Podcast series from The Super Podcast with Podcasters Of Horror! This mini series will cover short reviews and discussion for every episode of Mick Garris’ Masters Of Horror!
Your trusty hosts ‘Super’ Marcey Papandrea and ‘The Terrible Australian’ Bede Jermyn are back with another episode of Podcasters Of Horror. For this sixth installment we take a look at Masters Of Horror eleventh and twelfth episodes Pick Me Up and Haeckel’s Tale.
Larry Cohen of The Stuff (1985) fame directed Pick Me Up, it stars Fairuza Balk, Michael Moriarty, Warren Kole and Laurene Landon. Haeckel’s Tale was directed by Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)‘s John McNaughton, it stars Derek Cecil, Tom McBeath, Jon Polito and Leela Savasta.
* Marcey & Bede introduce these two short films.
* We talk about how Pick Me Up feels like the perfect concept for Larry Cohen
* Marcey can’t get over how hot Warren Kole is in the episode
* We agree Pick Me Up is definitely one of the purely fun episodes of the first season
* Is Haeckel’s Tale a mix-bag? We discuss if it is
* We’ll never look at dead bodies the same way ever again
* What did we think of what John McNaughton brought to the episode
* Ratings for each film
* Plus much, much more!
The Super Network on Twitter – @SM_SuperNetwork
The Super Network on Patreon – Patreon.com/TheSuperNetwork
Join The Super Network Facebook Page
Join Us At The Super Network Facebook Group
Email at TheSuperNetworkSM@gmail.com
Australian Burns Anthology Book