Podcasters Of Horror Episode 20
Nightmare Cinema (2018)
and Tribute To Mick Garris
Welcome to this podcast series from The Super Network with Podcasters Of Horror! This podcast is all about horror anthologies from television and films and it began with a retrospective on Mick Garris’ Masters Of Horror series and continued on with looking Fear Itself, with bonus episodes on Goosebumps and Freddy’s Nightmares.
Your hosts ‘Super’ Marcey Papandrea and ‘The Terrible Australian’ Bede Jermyn are here to bring an end to journey they’ve had on this podcast with Mick Garris by doing a deep dive on his horror anthology film Nightmare Cinema (2018). Joining the Marcey and Bede is regular guest and good friend Matt Konopka (Killer Horror Critic), the trio break down all the segments and wrap around of the film, as well as pay tribute to Mick Garris.
Nightmare Cinema was directed by Mick Garris (The Projectionist, Dead), Alejandro Brugués (The Thing In The Woods), Joe Dante (Mirari), Ryûhei Kitamura (Mashit) and David Slade (This Way To Egress), it stars Mickey Rourke, Sarah Elizabeth Withers, Faly Rakotohavana, Maurice Benard, Elizabeth Rease, Zarah Mahler, Mark Grossman and Richard Chamberlain.
* Please welcome Matt back to the show!
* A change of pace as the crew looks at an anthology film, with 5 segments.
* Each segment comes with some strange twists and turns, did they all work?
* This Way To Egress has such a different tone to the rest of the film.
* Bede has trouble saying of the segments names … you know which one.
* Mickey Rourke is certainly a weird presence as the Projectionist.
* Beware the CGI spiders.
* Ratings for each segment and the overall film.
* Plus much, much more!
Subscribe to us at Patreon
Guest on Twitter – @KillerCritics
Please Visit Marcey’s RedBubble Shop For The Super Network Merch
Email at TheSuperNetworkSM@gmail.com
Music provided by DeNNo.