To celebrate Terra Nova The Complete Series coming to DVD this week, we have a very cool feature to share with you which is all about the Dinosaurs of the show!
Terra Nova tells the story of The Shannon Family, who are residents of Earth in a parallel Universe 85 million years in the past. The family aren’t the only residents of the planet though and to celebrate the release of the series on DVD here is a guide to some of the Dinosaurs that inhabit the ‘New World.
- Ovosaurus – A cross between a Velociraptor and a Carnotaurtus these evil looking Dinosaurs have an obsession with nickel used in cables which has been described as catnip to them
- Nicoraptor – Fast and deadly, these fictional Dinosaurs hunt in packs and have been likened to wild dogs due to their mangy appearance. They go by the nickname Nykos
- Pterosaurs – Winged reptiles that come in various groups, these include; Pteranodon, Rhamphorhynchus and Ornithocerius
- Brachiosaurus – The first Dinosaur spotted by the Shannon family on Terra Nova weighs 29-43 metric tons and grows to up to 85 feet in length. They are herbivores with extremely small heads and brains for a Dinosaur their size
- Ankylosaurus – Featuring only briefly in Terra Nova this herbivore hatched from an egg in an incubator after being abandoned. This Dinosaur can be identified by its spiked armour and club like growth at the end of its tail
- Carnotaurtus – A very fast and deadly species and much like the T-Rex, they have a long tail and tiny arms but are differentiated by their large horns
- Acceraptor – Given the nickname ‘Slasher’ by the Terra Nova colonists due to its razor sharp tail, so sharp it can cut through metal. Acceraptors can be identified by their colourful feathers
- Howlers – Seen but never heard these mysteries creatures have a rather loud scream and are only mentioned by the human residents of Terra Nova on one of the many journeys
- Allosaurus – A large carnivorous dinosaur that grow to an enormous size and can rival the T-Rex in size. They move in large groups and are collectively known as the Allosauroids
Get a closer look at the residents of the dinosaur kind by grabbing your copy of Terra Nova: The Complete Series on DVD. Available to buy now, you can order your copy at:
Terra Nova really was a great show, the animations and the visuals were two of the parts that contributed to make the series memorable and alluring to watch as you could see how stunningly it was all made.
It had interesting ideas and the visuals were really great for TV!
It really did! I am such a fan of things set in the future so I was extremely disappointed when they canceled it all.
It had a great idea! Really good actors, I think it was just marketed wrong.
True, I remember hearing somewhere that they had changed the airing time in the middle of the season which mad many viewers drop out. It is really a shame when they do things like that especially since the concepts are later sold to many other countries.
They put so much money into it, you’d have thought they’d have taken more care with it!
I know it’s such a waste for a show with so much potential! Hopefully it will get a lot of views in other countries and sell tones of DVD’s and hopefully it will give us a second season.