The Tubi Tuesdays Podcast Episode 2 – The Forbidden Dance (1990)
Welcome to a brand new Podcast series from The Super Podcast called Tubi Tuesdays! This podcast series is focused on discovering and doing commentaries for films found on the free streaming service Tubi.
Unfortunately co-host Mike Batchelor wasn’t able to join this episode due to technical issues with his computer (don’t worry, he’ll be back very soon once they are fixed), so his co-hosts Super Marcey & ‘The Terrible Australian’ Bede Jermyn took the reigns of this one with first time special guest Hayley Caldwell filling in as co-host. In this one, we watch a film that’s near and dear to Marcey’s heart: the Menham Golan (of The Cannon Group fame) produced 1990 Lambada themed dance film THE FORBIDDEN DANCE.
If you have never listened to a commentary, here is how it works. You simply need to grab a copy of the film or load it up on Tubi (you may need alcohol), and sync up the podcast audio with the film. We will tell you when to press start, it is that easy! You can listen to it while you watch the film or listen to it on its own. Because we have watched the films on Tubi, there are ads as it is a free service. However we will give a warning when the ads come up, so you can still listen along.
* Marcey & Bede introduce Hayley to the podcast
* Marcey can’t contain her excitement that this film is on Tubi
* Neither Bede or Hayley have ever seen The Forbidden Dance prior to this podcast… Boy, are they in for a ride!
* Marcey tells us how this was one of her favourite films as a kid
* Does anyone in this film actually know how to dance?
* We’re disturbed by all the racism from all the supporting characters in this film
* Even though he is playing a silent role, Sid Haig still steals the film
* Plus much, much more!
The Super Network on Twitter – @SM_SuperNetwork
Guest on Twitter – @HayleyCaldwell9
Join The Super Network Facebook Page
Join Us At The Super Network Facebook Group
Email at TheSuperNetworkSM@gmail.com
Subscribe to us at Patreon