Australian fans, the wait is over! Dollhouse Season 1 is finally available on DVD and Blu-ray!
This is a fantastic set, and I am sure it will please fans and newcomers alike. Dollhouse comes from Joss Whedon, the man who brought us Buffy, Angel and Firefly – and the films Serenity and this years The Avengers! It stars the beautiful and talented Eliza Dushku, Battlestar Galactica’s Tahmoh Penikett and former Neighbours star Dichen Lachman.
What’s not to love right?
From the Press Release:
Immerse yourself in this adrenaline-charged brainchild of sci-fi genius Joss Whedon, soon available for the first time on DVD and Blu-ray in Australia. DOLLHOUSE, The Complete First Season will be released on 24 October 2012 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. FROM JOSS WHEDON, CREATIVE MASTERMIND BEHIND Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, comes the provocative Dollhouse, a sexy, suspenseful thriller starring the stunningly talented Eliza Dushku.
The DVD and Blu-ray have some great special features (over 3 hours worth) and will come with a bonus comic book for a limited time only.
- Original unaired Pilot Episode Echo
- Audio Commentary on Selected Episodes
- Deleted Scenes
- Featurettes: Making Dollhouse, Coming Home, Finding Echo, A Private Engagement,
- Designing The Perfect Dollhouse
Synopsis: As an “Active”, the mysterious Echo (Dushku) serves as an unwitting agent of Dollhouse, an illegal underground organization that provides its elite clientele with programmable human beings. Actives receive personality imprints, allowing them to temporarily become anyone or anything—the perfect burglar, lover, spy, or assassin. Now, with the FBI and her own shadowy past closing in, Echo must face a rogue Active who will stop at nothing to bring Dollhouse down—forever.
If you are uninitiated in the Dollouse-verse or need a refresher – here are the top things you need to know in this …
Beginners Guide To Dollhouse Season 1
• Dollhouse was created by writer/director Joss Whedon, who directed the Avengers movie and created the TV series ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’
• The show stars Eliza Dushku, as Echo, who has starred in films such as True Lies, Bring it On and Wrong Turn
• The idea for the show came about when Eliza and Joss went for lunch
• The show is based on the idea of a corporation running several underground organisations (known as Dollhouses) which program individual people (Dolls)
with temporary skills and personalities
• Brain hacking is the process through which Dolls are given their temporary skills/personalities. Each week the creators devise new methods for the characters to be brain hacked, treating them like machines that can be endlessly rewired
• After each scenario Echo returns to the mysterious Dollhouse where her thoughts, feelings, experiences and knowledge are erased by Topher, the Dollhouse’s genius programmer
• During the show Echo takes on various personalities including; a backup singer, a midwife, and a hacker
• The character of Whiskey, played by Amy Acker, was the number one Doll until her face was scarred by Alpha, a rogue Active, so that Echo could take the top spot
• The theme tune to the show ‘What You Don’t Know’ that features in the opening and closing credits is from American folk rock singer Jonatha Brooke
• In 2010 Joss Whedon announced that he and Maurissa Tancaroen had written a comic book entitled ‘Dollhouse Epitaphs’
Dollhouse: The Complete First Season Trailer
‘Making Dollhouse’ Featurette
Episode Clip ‘Ghost’
Click the pictures below to order the DVD and Blu-ray